Data Breach Group Action Claims
When an organisation that holds people’s personal information is hacked or allows that personal data to become exposed in any other way, it is likely that many of those affected will have grounds to claim compensation.
Where you are one of many people whose data has been exposed following a breach of data protection regulations, you may be able to join with other people to take legal action together.
This type of collective legal action will take the form of a group action -such as those that have arisen following the large scale data hacks involving British Airways and EasyJet where payment card details were exposed.
There are many potential advantages to banding together with other claimants, including:
- Boosting the funding available to your side to “level the playing field” against organisations that often have significant financial resources
- Sharing knowledge b to build stronger claims
- Securing a resolution faster by avoiding the need for lots of claims to be dealt with separately
If you believe your data has been exposed by a breach, it is strongly recommended to seek specialist legal advice as soon as possible.
How Hayes Connor can help with data breaches
Hayes Connor is one of the largest team of data breach claims specialists in the country. We can guide you through dealing with any situation where your data has been lost, stolen or otherwise exposed, helping you to secure fair compensation.
Our data breach claims team can help with:
- Advising you on if have grounds to claim compensation
- Making a claim on your behalf
- Securing an apology
- Seeking assurance that your data will be stored more securely in future
- Having your data erased from the breached database (where appropriate)
We offer a free assessment of your case, so you can find out if you are likely to have grounds for a claim before deciding whether to take further action.
We know how distressing dealing with these situations can be, as well as how confusing and intimidating the idea of making a claim can seem. However, with a wealth of experience and an excellent track record of success for our clients, we can help to keep the process of pursuing a data breach claim simpler, more straightforward and less stressful.
You can find out more about our expertise and how we handle data breach claims here.
To have your claim assessed for free, you can use our secure online claim form.
Or to speak to a member of our team, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 0151 363 5895.