How much does it cost to make a data breach claim?
In many cases, your solicitor may agree to take your case on a NO WIN NO FEE agreement. This means that your legal costs will be deducted from the compensation you receive. If your claim is not successful you don’t pay a penny.
If your claim is successful (and that’s what we all want!), you usually have to make a contribution to your data protection breach solicitor’s costs. This ‘success fee’ is taken from the compensation awarded to you. The amount of the success fee depends on when your case is settled. But, with Hayes Connor Solicitors, you never have to pay more than 25% of your compensation. In some cases, we might be able to claim this success fee from the other side. So there would be no costs to you, win or lose.
If you think you may have a claim then do not hesitate to contact us on 0330 995 0070.
Group Action Forms
- Nicola Young March 13, 2020A Town Clerk at Whitchurch Town Council has been prosecuted for intentionally blocking records with the intent to prevent disclosure.
- Cathay Pacific March 4, 2020Cathay Pacific Airways Limited £500,000 for failing to protect the security of its customers’ personal data. Between October 2014 and May 2018 Cathay Pacific’s computer systems lacked appropriate security measures which led to customers’ personal details being exposed.
- CRDNN Limited March 2, 2020CRDNN Limited issued with enforcement notice after making more than 193 million automated nuisance calls.
- CRDNN Limited March 2, 2020CRDNN Limited fined with the maximum £500,000 fine for making more than 193 million automated nuisance calls.
- Leo Kirk January 15, 2020A former social worker has been prosecuted for passing the personal information of service users to a third party provider for Local Authority young person placements.
- DSG Retail Ltd January 9, 2020The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has fined DSG Retail Limited (DSG) £500,000 after a ‘point of sale’ computer system was compromised as a result of a cyber-attack, affecting at least 14 million people.
- Doorstep Dispensaree Ltd December 20, 2019The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has fined a London-based pharmacy £275,000 for failing to ensure the security of special category data. Doorstep Dispensaree Ltd, which supplies medicines to customers and care homes, left approximately 500,000 documents in unlocked containers at the back of its premises in Edgware. The documents included names, addresses, dates of birth, […]